Waxing is a method of hair removal that involves the use of a sticky substance, called wax, to remove unwanted hair from the body. The wax is applied to the skin in the direction of hair growth and then covered with a paper or fabric strip. The strip is then quickly pulled off in the opposite direction of hair growth, taking the hair and wax with it.
Waxing can be done on various parts of the body, including the eyebrows, upper lip, chin, legs, arms, and bikini area. It can be performed by a professional at a salon or spa, or at home using a waxing kit. Waxing is a popular method of hair removal because it can remove hair from the root, resulting in smoother skin that lasts longer than shaving. However, waxing can also be painful, especially for people with sensitive skin or who are new to waxing
There are a few ways to make waxing less painful:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, about an hour before your waxing appointment.( Consult doctor first before taking any medicine)
- Exfoliate the area to be waxed a few days before your appointment. This can help to loosen dead skin cells and make the waxing process less painful.
- Make sure the wax is not too hot. If the wax is too hot, it can cause burns or discomfort.
- Relax as much as possible during the waxing process. Tensing up can make the waxing more painful.
- Consider using a numbing cream. These creams contain ingredients that can help to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Use aloe vera or a moisturizing lotion on the area after waxing to soothe the skin and reduce redness and irritation.
- Gradually increase the frequency of waxing. If you are new to waxing, your skin may be more sensitive at first. As you wax more frequently, your skin may become less sensitive over time.
- Consider using a different type of hair removal method, such as sugaring or threading, which may be less painful for some people.
- Choose a reputable and experienced waxing professional to minimize the risk of any problems or discomfort during the waxing process.